- 324.000 hectares planted with fruit trees, 255.000 of which are currently in production.
- Chile is the largest fruit supplier in the Southern Hemisphere, accounting for approximately 49 percent of the southern Hemisphere´s fresh fruit exports and 7% of world total export, with great potential for growth.
- 120.000 hectares planted with wine grapes, of which 80 percent are fine wine varieties
- In 2008, Chile exported US$1.377 billion, becoming the world?s 5th largest wine exporter and 10th largest winemaker.
Ancillary Food Industry
- Emerging Industry with great potencial
- Emerging industry with great potential. Purchase of inputs and supplies for the fruit industry amount to US$ 01.5 billion.
Meat and Daity Industry
- 17.000 hectares planted to olives, of which 8.000 are currently under production.
- Great potential for olive growing, with outstanding levels of production and quality
- Awards in the most prestigious international competitions
- Excellent animal health conditions
- Growth of 55 percent in the past 10 years
- Technological development
- In 2008, exports reached US$269 billion for poultry and US$369 billion for pork
- Availability of high quality raw materials
- Processed food exports reached US$1.6 billion in 2008
For more information click here