Chiles Comparative Advantages
The Chilean Economic Development Agency- CORFO, established in 1939, is Chile's public institution responsible for promoting national productive development. With 15 offices throughout the country, as well as others in Europe, North America, and New Zealand, CORFO actively strives to increase the Chilean salmon industry's competitiveness, making new investment opportunities available at the forefront of this emerging sector.
- Economic and political stability. Chile has de lowest country risk in Latin America and its economy has been ranked as the most competitive in the region.
- Free trade agreements, which provide access to over 90% of the world?s GDP, provide tariff-free or reduced tariff access to different global markets.
- One of the few countries in the southern hemisphere with a Mediterranean climate, providing excellent opportunities for off-season fruit production
- The country north-southern orientation and great climatic diversity in the different production areas, allowing for staggered harvests throughout the entire season and ensuring an interrupted supply of top quality fruit to export markets.
- Excellent plant health conditions, a relatively extended export season and wine array of varieties
- A government committed to the private sector in all productive processes. Availability of government incentives and greater investment in technology transfer.
For more information click here